My husband just became Chief Innovation Officer of Sierra Leone
Exciting announcement! Our family is headed to Sierra Leone as my husband David accepts an appointment as Chief Innovation Officer for the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation (DSTI). DSTI is situated within the Office of the President and in that role, David will also serve as an Advisor to both President Bio and the Chief Minister.
Interested in being involved?
- We’ll be starting our work by learning and listening, so share innovative program models, partnerships, investment opportunities, and need areas with our team. Fill out this Google form
- If you’ve done something similar in another country government, let us know what worked and what didn’t, so that we don’t reinvent the wheel. Fill out this Google form
- Have a crazy idea for something that you think could really transform the country? Fill out this Google form
This will be a place for the best, weirdest, most committed, and diverse group of team members to launch our work. Please send these folks our way – we are going to need the dream team to get it all done.
Public service is a responsibility and a privilege, and David and his team will need the support of lots of collaborators to achieve their ambitious goals. Nyaanina and I look forward to being first in line to help!
Goals + Activities of DSTI
A new body of government, the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation (DSTI) has a simple vision: to help transform Sierra Leone into a prosperous nation through science, technology and innovation. The Directorate seeks to facilitate and support a vibrant national innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem for the public and private sectors of Sierra Leone through:
- Active technical research and development activities with government and other partners;
- Development of innovative enhancements to government service delivery and citizen engagement;
- Policy innovation in support of science, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship; and
- Building a pipeline of talented technologists and innovators in service to the people of Sierra Leone.